Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacation time!


I’m anxious today. So totally excited because tomorrow we are leaving on vacation!

We are going on a road trip to Avon, Colorado. I love trips that are full of new adventures and this one will surely be one of those. It is my first real road trip which I am both excited and nervous about. We do travel quite a bit but never in the car. It is also my first trip to Colorado so there will be TONS to explore! My dad and step mom are going to join us there as well but they are flying in. It’s the first trip I’ve taken with my dad since I was in sixth grade and the first with my step mom.

{so excited!}

Because of this upcoming trip I haven’t had much time to bake recently. I did make time for a TRIPLE batch of my Cinnamon Chip Scones though. I was going to make a double batch but there was just enough buttermilk and chips left for a third. So, I gave some to some coworkers and will probably freeze some (they freeze really well).

 My hubby loves these. A lot. So, I thought they’d be perfect for breakfast and snacks on the trip.  I {heart} saving money!

Though, last time I left him alone for the weekend he had no trouble consuming them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND snacks! Apparently you can live on them for an entire weekend – who knew? :-)

I also had a little time to bake up some cookie dough I had on hand to use up some royal icing. I didn’t, however, have time to decorate them.


Looking at those blank cookie canvases is making me crazy, they are {screaming out} for some decoration. But sometimes in life you have to have priorities and somehow I think bringing clothes on this trip with us might just be more important than beautiful cookies. I think the others at the resort would agree.

I do have several projects lined up for the couple weeks after we return so I’m looking forward to that!

In the meantime, happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment